4 Ways to Use your Mat
Acupressure is a form of physical therapy and The Shakti Mat simply allows for easy self-treatment. Here are the most common ways you can use your Shakti Mat at home.
Duration 5+ Minutes
Tip: Start off in socks, and slowly build up to bare feet.
The feet are covered in pressure points making standing on The Shakti Mat a perfect way to achieve a deep acupressure effect. This is one of the more intense ways to use The Shakti Mat as your weight is spread over a smaller number of spikes.
- Can help to refresh and massage tired feet, perfect for after a long day of work.
- Try standing on The Shakti Mat first thing in the morning, this can help to support an energised and fresh start to the day.
- Can support normal circulation to the feet, easing a feeling of cold feet in the night.
Neck and Shoulders
Duration 15+ Minutes
Tip: You can roll up The Shakti Mat like the photo above or place a rolled up towel underneath a flat mat for the same effect. This position can be particularly useful in times of stress and tension. Poor posture while standing or working at a desk can result in tension around the neck and shoulders.
- Applying The Shakti Mat to this area may help to soothe tired and tight muscles.
- Users might also find this position is the most useful to aid healthy and normal recovery from headaches.
- We also love putting a thick, rolled up towel under the neck so the spikes curve into the base of the head and neck.
Duration 20+ Minutes
Tip: Using The Shakti Mat as part of your bedtime routine prepares the body for a deep restful sleep. Try placing The Shakti Mat in bed, lie still and listen to restful music - many people find themselves fall into much deeper sleeps.
- Users can expect to be put into a deep, relaxed state.
- May help easing of the muscles of the back.
- Support for healthy circulation.
- Support for falling asleep and staying asleep.
Duration 5-10 minutes
Tip: You may fin your muscles warm and relax, perfect for post run recovery.
- Intense nervous stimulation to support muscle strength pre-exercise.
- Acupressure can support the bodies natural healing activity.